Don’t Live in Fear of Mice
Did you just see something small and fuzzy scurry past your feet? While mice can make good pets for some, an uninvited mouse in your home can be an unwelcome sight. Not only can mice be a nuisance, but they can also pose a health hazard to you and your family.
Elite Termite & Pest Control can help you with your mice problems. We offer mice control solutions in Quincy and neighboring counties, including Adams County, Adair County, and more! Our team of highly trained technicians will help you locate the cause of your mouse problem, and help you get rid of them once and for all.
Mice Infestation Signs
Here are some common signs of a mouse infestation:
- Droppings: Mice leave small, dark droppings, resembling rice grains, in areas they frequent.
- Gnaw marks: Look for chewed or gnawed marks on food packaging, wires, and furniture. Mice have a constant need to gnaw to keep their teeth from growing too long.
- Nesting materials: Mice use materials like shredded paper, fabric, and insulation to build nests. Check for these materials in hidden corners or storage areas.
- Urine odor: Mice have a distinctive ammonia-like smell. If you notice a strong, unpleasant odor, it could be a sign of a mouse infestation.
- Scratching noises: Mice are nocturnal, so you might hear scratching or rustling sounds in walls, ceilings, or under floorboards during the night.
- Footprints or tracks: Check for tiny footprints or tracks in dusty areas. Mice have small, four-toed front prints and five-toed hind prints.
- Holes and burrows: Mice create small holes and burrows in walls or insulation for nesting and travel.
- Visible mice: In some cases, you may see mice running around, especially at night.
If you suspect a mice infestation, it's essential to take action promptly to prevent further issues and potential health risks.
Mice can cause an increase in allergy or asthma symptoms as well as spread the dangerous diseases listed above. Because of this, we strongly recommend that you do not attempt to tackle these infestations on your own. Our team has the expertise and the tools necessary to safely handle a mouse infestation.
Mice might be cute for some, but wild mice can be the vectors of many kinds of diseases that could pose a health hazard to you and your family. These diseases include:
- Bubonic Plague
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
How Do Mice Get Into the House?
Because mice are mammals, they have a more complex behavior pattern than other kinds of pests. This can make them difficult to remove, largely because they are both tricky and adaptable. Like other pests, mice can spread disease, damage your home and your belongings, and contaminate food. They are attracted to sources of food, water, and shelter. If you leave things like pet food unsealed, or leave a pipe leaking for too long, these things can attract mice into your home. Mice find even the tiniest of places to squeeze through, and often enter your home through holes and cracks in the foundation, walls, windows and floor. Due to their small body size, mice are able to fit through holes as tiny as a dime. Many of customers find that infestation occurs even more in the winter, as mice look to your home as a place to survive when the temperatures drop.
Why Should I Contact Elite Termite & Pest Control for Mice Control Services in Quincy?
When it comes to mice control, you have a few different options. At Elite Termite & Pest Control, we do our best to use both effective and humane methods of removal. Once we have an idea of the extent of your mice infestation, our technicians will make recommendations as to the best method of mice control we recommend. We will take certain things into account, for example, if you have children or pets, we may recommend covered traps that will prevent tiny hands or paws from getting trapped. Our goal is to devise a solution that is best for you, your home, and your family.
Say Goodbye to Mice with Elite Termite & Pest Control
At Elite Termite & Pest Control, we take pride in providing our neighbors with the best mice control services in Quincy. With a team of highly trained and licensed technicians at our disposal, you can be sure that your property is in safe hands with us. Your mice problems will be a thing of the past with Elite Termite & Pest Control!
“Darren from Elite came out immediately and was very knowledgeable and explained everything he was looking at. Would highly recommend - a great local company with good prices and knowledgeable staff.”Peggy P.
“Very professional and prompt service! Great people for all your pest problems!”Terri O.
“I had a termite infestation in my home and called Elite Termite and Pest Control. They were very professional and did a wonderful job.”Ju B.
“From start to finish they were professional, friendly, and affordable.”Nolan C.
“Had noticed I had ants and called and received very courteous customer service. Response time for the technician was within a very reasonable time. And I am very pleased to say that my ant issue is no longer an issue.”Sylvia W.
- Quincy, IL
- Jacksonville, IL
- Carthage, IL
- Pittsfield, IL
- Springfield, IL
- Pleasant Hill, IL
- Beardstown, IL
- Barry, IL
- Mt. Sterling, IL
- Nauvoo, IL
- Kirksville, MO
- Macon, MO
- Hannibal, MO
- Memphis, MO
- Troy, MO
- Wentzville, MO
- Moberly, MO
- Kahoka, MO
- Bowling Green, MO
- New London, MO
- Monroe City, MO